Saturday, March 6, 2010

My last day in Carolina...

My last day in Carolina was bittersweet. Mom woke me up at 9:45 .... to get the ball rolling! We had a lot of things to do. First off, we went and picked out new bedroom stuff for me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new comforter. It's tan with white stitched flowers. Then we went to Walmart and bought everything you could possibly need for my car. I have four hubcaps now :). That is huge news!! After Walmart... we had to get my oil change... b-o-r-i-n-g!! After getting my oil changed, we came home and I packed the rest of my stuff and took it to my car. Luckily, we still have the passenger seat open or else my Grandpa probably would have to have been tied to the top of the car. I'm sure the view would have been great though!! :) OK, so we do all that. Then my mom lets me decide on any food I want for dinner. I decide Sticky Fingers... which kind of shocked me because ... I've only been there once.. and I never thought I'd go back. I got a good ol southern meal... BBQ, slaw, beans, and baked mac and cheese!! Yum!! So we get home from dinner... OHHHHH I forgot to mention... BEFORE DINNER.. my MOM.. LOCKED... MY KEYS .. in my CAR!!! Drrrrrrrrr Who does that? Just kidding, I do it all the time. So after dinner, the AAA guy comes over to unlock my car. This man is awfully friendly. He tells us about his love life... his 22 month year old daughter ... what she likes to do... what kind of clothes she likes... he was so sweet. We got on the topic of me driving to Utah tomorrow and he asked where Utah was (hahahhahahaha) so I explained where... and he was pretty amazed. He was then telling my mom that she should be proud of me for going to college and all that baloney ...and he asked how long I was going to be there. I said I'd probably move back once I graduated and got married . He was shocked, he then when on to tell me more about his love life and how I definitely shouldn't get married until I'm 35. Then he went and told my mom the same thing. I joked and said I'd send him a wedding announcement....he took me seriously and gave me his card!! WELL, if he is just giving out cards then I figure I'm just going to give out cards. So I go in my car and get him a little pass along card!! :) He asks what it is for .. and I said a free book called the Book of Mormon. He promised to order and read the book as long as I sent him a wedding announcement!! Ohhh how the Lord works in mysterious ways!! :)

1 comment:

  1. that might just have guaranteed you finding a husband out there!! hahha nice!

    ReplyDelete