Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Hour plus for disater time.....

So my new friend Jordan and I decided to venture down to Columbia, South Carolina for a YSA conference a couple weekends ago. I was invited down by Jacki (Matt who got baptized in October... girlfriend) to stay with her and then i decided to drag Jordan along... (well not really she went willingly). Ok, so Friday I pick up my check so i have plenty of money for the weekend. As I'm driving home (it's about 5 o'clock, banks close in an hour.. i think) I can't fin a Bank of American ANYWHERE on Independence... one of the BUSIEST roads. I get home and Jordan and I end up heading out around 6:15 and on the way to Cola, I stop at BOA in my home town. Because it is already closed, I have to use my debit card to put the check into the ATM. All is well. We are driving, I look down and I need gas. So Jordan and I stop and I realize I don't have my freakin debit card. Are you serious? Who does that? I make fun of the people that "forget their debit card" at the ATM... karma.
So, in Jordan's words after calling "the smartest person we know, Jasher", everything gets figured out and I picked up a new card the next morning.
Now, may I remind you that the title of this blog is --An hour plus for disaster time... that is how much time we had to screw up on the way to Cola... and we definitely used it all. After Jordan bought the gas we decided why not get some taco bell to go. Steak burritos on a huge platter with chips and salsa + me driving with NO hands + Jordan on speaker phone arguing with Jake about anything + Jordan eating + other cars on the road = DISASTER!!! Don't worry thought, the car and us both made it in ONE piece!!

COLA
  • Walking into the dance, awkward pretty much smacked you in the face!!
  • We went to the ZOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at our pictures!!

  • I won mini-golf, Jordan came in 2nd ...loser... just kidding <3
  • Seminars=amazing!! The 3rd one was the best and I've actually got to share what I learned there a few times already.
  • Brusters Ice Cream, double scoop... made our day!
  • UNTIL, Mellow Mushroom
  • Although we would have like to have gone in, seeing the temple and buying a whole bunch of stuff in the bookstore was satisfying
  • Ride home on Saturday night--Relaxing. We both saw a shooting star!!
  • Sunday!!!! BEST DAY OF THE WEEK. I met Milcah who got baptized last weekend. She already has this amazing testimony... and when she bore it the spirit was incredibly strong. It was awesome!!!
  • Nap at Brandon's after church...followed by dinner with the Elders and the Sisters and then thanks to Jam Jam, the MOST embarrassing moment of my life... (story later to be told... MAYBE... If i feel like it) I love you Jam!!

No comments:

Post a Comment