Thursday, April 1, 2010

Introducing the Fabulous Five!!!

So my roommates and I were talking tonight about my previous blog about the weird things in Utah. They are convinced now, that I hate Utah. They suggested that I write a nicer blog about Utah .....and them. Hahah, so here it goes!!

Fun (and very legit) facts about Utah...
  • A good friend wrote this to me as I was getting ready to move here ..."'Of the 50 states, Utah has one of the largest concentrations of computer software firms; one of the four larger concentrations of biomedical firms; the youngest population; one of the highest birth rates; the second lowest death rate; the healthiest population; the highest literacy rate; t...he highest percentage of high school graduates; and the highest number of people with a college education.' So clearly you'll have plenty of men to pick from, he'll probably be wealthy and work in some kind of firm, you'll be super healthy, you'll have lots of kids and they'll all be well educated. What more could you ask for?"
  • "The Great Salt Lake is 3 to 5 times saltier than the ocean. Fish free, the lake's largest aquatic critters are brine shrimp" I wonder if people swim in it ... can you eat the shrimp?
  • To clear up all the jello confusion from my last blog, I found this online at awesomeamerica.com/utah... "Utah is the Jello capital of the world. More jello is eaten in Utah than any where else in the world. I can't wait to try all the kinds that DO NOT have cottage cheese in them ;)
  • My last fun fact is about the State bird, the California Gull ... and why it is the state bird. Here is the story.
  • "The settlers' first winter in the Salt Lake Valley had been a hard one. Food was scarce, and all hoped that the next year would bring a large harvest. Crop failure meant disaster for the present colony and no food for the more than 2,000 Saints planning to immigrate to the Salt Lake Valley that year.When spring came, the hopeful pioneers planted grain and vegetables. Unfortunately, catastrophe after catastrophe hit. First, a late frost damaged much of the crops. Then, in May and June, a drought injured more of their potential harvest. Finally, hordes of crickets descended from the foothills and began devouring the remaining crops. For two weeks the pioneers battled the crickets and prayed for relief.Seagulls from the Great Salt Lake flew to the fields and began devouring the crickets. For two weeks they continued their attacks and many of the crops were preserved." SWWEEETTT ....
Introducing The Fabulous Five ....

I figured I'd take the time to introduce and tell how awesome my roommates are. :)

ESTHER
She is awesome and totally full of life!!! In fact, all my roommates are full of life! It's so much fun to live around people that are happy ALL THE TIME. I've only seen Esther somewhat in a bad mood once ... and it lasted a whole hour. She is great!! :) My favorite thing about Esther is that she is very spontaneous!! Today she performed for all my close friends back in Carolina a Tahitian dance, costume and all. They loved it!! She also helped me pick out a really cute outfit for this weekend, which I am really thankful for!!

KIM

Kim might just be the most positive person I've ever met. She always looks at the good side of things. I came across something that she wrote on her facebook that describes this perfectly. She said, "hope for the best and expect the worst". Even when the outcome is, "the worst" ... she still makes something good come of it! Kim and I are grocery shopping and ice cream eating buddies. She's way fun!

CASSIThree words I would use to describe Cassi, only knowing her for 3ish weeks would be ...
honest, sweet, and humble. Thank you for letting me borrow your nail polish last night!! I love when Cassi makes cookies!!! Her cookies are WAY good. Cassi was the most concerned that I hate Utah (which I don't), so this blog is for her. :)

AMBER AND ASHLEY

I put Amber and Ashley together, because they are ALWAYS together :) They are the cutest best friends!! My favorite story about Amber and Ashley is the other night when they come into Esther and I's room at like midnight ... to ask if we have any yarn. We are like why do you need yarn? "We want to go penny tapping." Don't worry I had to ask what it is too.... so you get yarn and tie a penny on the end of it ... then you take a band-aid and stick the yarn to a window ... as you pull the yarn the penny taps on the window and it's supper funny because they don't know where the sound is coming from. Did I get that right? These girls are SOO funny!! I love that they listen to me complain, vent, and to all my crazy stories.

SO, that is it. I love Utah, and I love my roommates. I can't wait to have many adventures here!! :)



Do you believe me now?


3 comments:

  1. This is really cute. It's nice to hear you finally saying nice things about your roommates :-) Just kidding! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's ok, it took me awhile to get used to utah too. you're definitely being nice faster than I was! haha. don't worry, the longer you stay here the more your love/hate relationship will turn into 'i don't want to live anywhere else' however much you deny it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw your roomies are cute and look like fun!

    ReplyDelete